Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Auchtung!


Why is the Pleasant Hill Library closed today!?! Budget cuts! Now I have to wait another four days to pick up the books I have on hold since Tuesday is the only day they are open late enough during the week for me, and I'm sure many others who have jobs, to go. I am so sick of our garbage city council. This has to be the biggest collection of do-nothings ever assembled. This library 'budget issue' has been going on for close to 3 years and all they have ever given us is excuse after excuse and NEVER any recommendations or ideas as to how to over come them. I cannot stand these lazy, misguided, inept philistines. That's right, I just dropped the philistine label (and no philistine is not capitalized). They bend over backward for our parks and roads but do nothing for our city's education. No attempt at a balance, no sharing of funds, NOTHING!

These nature loving romantics need to wake up and realize the long term consequences of what they are doing. Our optometrist councilman Michael Harris should correct is lack of foresight and think of some solutions. Through their inaction they are limiting the availability to and access of knowledge to the citizens of this city. You know who else liked to limit access to reading material? I'll give you a hint; it rhymes with Bitler. Or Talin. Or Dussolini.

PLEASE! If you are a resident of Pleasant Hill, register to vote if you are not already, and VOTE AGAINST MICHAEL HARRIS and TERRI WILLIAMSON! I don't know if their replacements will be any better but it will at least send a message that we are serious about our library and the education of our city.

VOTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment