Friday, December 6, 2013

2013 Book of the Year Awards

While the Pleasant Hill Book Club has yet to vote on its book of the year, other sites have started releasing their lists.



Check out NPR's Best Books of 2013, which includes one of our book club books from this year: How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia by Mohsin Hamid

Goodreads 2013 Choice Awards also includes a book club pick from this year, Inferno by Dan Brown.

And the New York Times' Best 10 Books of 2013

Many books from these lists are on my ever-growing to-read list including:

What are some of your favorites for 2013? What about must-reads for 2014?


~WMc

2 comments:

  1. I almost had Americanah as one of my book picks, but it didn't fit with the sci-fi theme. I also wanted to read The Circle, but it got very mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Circle sounds so much like Facebook/Google etc. that I can't resist. One of my coworkers read it and liked it, but didn't love it.

      Delete