Saturday, November 17, 2012

One City, One Book

Thanks to the participation of  Lamorinda (Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda) in the "One City, One Book" program Dave Eggers will speaking at Veteran's Memorial Building on February 28th of 2013 (mark your calendars!).  Lamorinda's book choice is Eggers' new book Hologram for the King. (Which, if you've seen it, takes hardback book to a whole other level. I think it's the world's first bullet proof book.)

I had a chance to see Eggers speak a couple years back and cannot recommend more that you go see him (tickets are free!). My only recommendation is that you read the book before you see him speak. Last time I saw him speak he kind-of gave away the ending to Zeitoun before I a chance to read it :(

In case you were wondering, Pleasant Hill has not revealed what the 2013 One City,  One Book choice will be yet. The 2012 pick is The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be speaking anywhere anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment