Sunday, June 24, 2012

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter the Movie

I went to the 9:45am (yes, am) showing of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter in 3D and here are some notes I came away with.

Pros
- There were actually 5 other people in the audience
- Not the Godfather, but it was fun, lots of gore, big teeth, and presidential kung fu axe play
- The actor who plays Lincoln looks like a young Liam Neeson. That's more of an observation than a pro or con, but I like Liam Neeson, so I put it in this category

Cons
-Not surprising, but very different from the book
-Lots of new characters
-Left out the whole motivation of the Vampires for moving to America and seeking out a country of their own
-You do not need to see it in 3D.No special 3D scenes
-My favorite part about the book was that (besides the Vampire stuff) the book was historically accurate. There were just Vampire explanations to actual historical events. Definitely not the case in the movie.
-The ending is different!Another very cool thing I liked about the book was the end. There was no need to change it. Why they did, we may never know.
-There is no after-the-credits scene. Not a horrible thing, it was just annoying to sit through the credits.

My final recommendation, while the movie will probably win EVERY Razzie Award for 2012, it was still fun and worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment