Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Random House Book Club Forum April 26th


Random House representative Ron Shoop will be presenting book club recommendations April 26th at 6:30 at the Ygnacio Valley library.

I went to this last year (click the label link below) and thought it was a relatively ok experience. The presentations of new books are well done, informative, and at times entertaining. Although, he did give some REALLY bad advice on the Thomas Steinbeck novel In the Shadow of the Cypress which was a horrible use of paper and ink.

There was also a raffle at the end. I was hoping that the winner would be able to have a pick of books. While that was not the case, I (the winner) did get a bag of books. This was pretty nice, although only one of the books looked interesting, I wound up giving all of the books a way (which was not a easy task I assure you). By the way, I'm pretty sure the only reason I won the raffle was because I was the last person to put my card in.

Regardless of all the shortcomings, I do intend on attending this event and recommend that you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment