Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oskar's Email



You may remember the character Oskar Schell from the Jonathan Safran Foer book Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (PHBC Jan 2010 book selection). I posted that I had attempted to email the character by sending a message to the email address that was given on a business card shown in the book.

The email was never returned (thus it was a good address) but I never received a response. I assumed it was a dummy account and no one ever checked it.

I was wrong.

A PHBC blog reader recently posted that they were going to attempt to contact him. Surprisingly Oskar replied within a day or two. While I am not going to share the private message shared between the two (though I very much appreciate the information being shared with me), I can assure you our reader's message was a bit more significant than the one I sent.

If you would like to attempt to contact Oskar, here is his email address:

oskar_schell@hotmail.com

PS- His reply, very impressively, was in character. But would you expect anything less?

No comments:

Post a Comment