Thursday, July 22, 2010

Running for City Council?


In our last post I mentioned at the end that someone should run against our incumbent city council members. Well, I am from the school of thought that you shouldn't ask someone to do something that you aren't willing to do yourself. With that said, a couple days ago I went down to city hall and began the process to be put on the ballot for this November's City Council election.

HOWEVER, after some deep thinking about the time commitment, I have decided NOT to run. I know that with two children under two, teaching, being my subject's department head, coaching our chess team, being a member of a book club, and writing monthly book reviews doesn't really leave a whole lot of free time to be a member of a city council. If I was to win, and I am VERY confident that I could have, I would have to stop doing some (probably most) of those activities, and for less than $600 a month I not willing to do that.

So, if there is anyone out there who wants to run and has the time to give I strongly encourage you to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment