Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Paid In Full

Today I am free! Free of my $4.00 debt to the library! For years this debt has weighed heavily on my soul and conscious. I used to cringe when the self-checkout machines were out of order for I knew if I had to check out from a librarian I would be reminded of this shame and I would have to tell this struggling library that I was sorry, I would pay them back at a later time. But that time has come! After fighting on behalf of the library to keep their funding from the city I decided to stop being a hypocrite and do something about it!

1 dollar for a DVD of Pollack that I used for the Art History class I taught two years ago...PAID

1 dollar for a VHS (that's right VHS) of Bird that I have no recollection of ever seeing or renting...PAID

2 dollars for a DVD of The Green Mile which I have checked out twice and still have yet to ever see...PAID

At the city council meeting several weeks ago they mentioned that the library would need $286,000 to keep normal staffing and business hours for next year. Today that number is now only $285,996!

*See older posting about the library's funding issues at:

http://pleasanthillbookclub.blogspot.com/2009/07/library-cuts.html

and

http://pleasanthillbookclub.blogspot.com/2009/07/awful-truth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment